ITU Green Standards Week
ITU together with TechAmerica Europe is organising the second Green Standards Week from 17 to 21 September 2012 in Paris, France, which will be hosted by Microsoft.
The Green Standards Week will bring together leading specialists in the field, from top policy-makers to engineers, designers, planners, government officials, regulators, standards experts and others.
The main purpose is to raise awareness of the importance and opportunities of using ICT standards to build a green economy.
- 17 September 2012: Forum on Greener Smarter Better Cities to be organized by ITU and European Commission.
- 17 September 2012: Forum on Boosting Smart Grids through Energy Efficient ICT to be organized by ITU.
- 18 September 2012: Forum on Mapping E-Waste to Address Future Challenges to be jointly organized by ITU, UNU and CEDARE.
- 18 September 2012: Forum on Greening the ICT Supply Chain to be jointly organized by ITU, UNU and CEDARE.
- 18-19 September 2012: Technology Focused Sessions (Sponsors)
- 19 September 2012: High Level Segment on Greening the Economy through ICT Standards to be jointly organized by ITU, TechAmerica Europe and Microsoft.
- 20 September 2012: Forum on Environmental Sustainability for the ICT Sector to be jointly organized by ITU and ETNO.
- 20 September 2012: Information and Training Session on ITU Methodologies for Environmental Impact Assessment of ICT to be organized by ITU and GeSI.
- 20 - 21 September 2012: Submarine Communications Networks For Climate Monitoring and Disaster Warning to be organized by ITU, UNESCO-IOC and WMO.
- 21 September 2012: closed meeting of the ITU/WMO/UNESCO-IOC Joint Task Force.